Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Honolulu Community College Library
Academic Pass = Complimentary Digital Subscription
New User Instructions
Follow these steps:
- Register for an Academic Pass here.
- Use the "Find School" search box and select HONOLULU COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
- If you are on campus, click the word "here"; if you are off campus click the "go" button. Instructions may vary slightly if you are on or off campus.
- Log in using your UH email address. (email@example.com)
- For information security purposes, we suggest using a DIFFERENT PASSWORD from your UH Login when creating your personal account.
- When you see START YOUR ACCESS, the expiration time and date of your pass will appear.
- Once your pass is activated, enjoy access directly from NYTimes.com and NYT mobile apps.
Need more help? Contact a librarian for assistance:
Do you already have paid online subscription?
Existing paid subscribers can cancel personal subscriptions by connecting with a New York Times Customer Care Advocate:
- Call toll-free 866-273-3612
- Mon-Fri 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET
- Weekends and holidays 7 a.m to 3 p.m. ET
- Chat online with a Customer Care Advocate
- 24 hours a day 7 days a week
NYTimes.com Academic Pass Includes:
- A personal account with unlimited access to NYTimes.com and The New York Times app* across all mobile devices
- Digital content, from mid-1990s to present, including videos, podcasts, and interactive media
- New York Times articles from 1851 to present, from the print and digital editions
- *Download the app from iTunes or the Google Play store
- Access is limited to current HonCC students, faculty, and staff only.
- Students will have access through their graduation year (December 31).
- Faculty/staff will have four years of full account access, after which they must re-authenticate.
- Access does not include premium NYT Crosswords and NYT Cooking.
Resources for Faculty
Access the NY Times education resource website, http://nytimes.com/edu, which provides the following features:
- Discipline-specific areas of study
- General Instructional Strategies to promote student achievement
- Co-Curricular Activities, including events, discussions, and contests
874 Dillingham Boulevard, Honolulu, HI 96817
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/library