Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Honolulu Community College Library
Acessing Resources from off-Campus
The library subscribes to research databases that provide content from magazines, journals, newspapers, e-books, streaming videos, images, and more. The electronic resources that the library manages are restricted to valid HonCC students, faculty, and staff to comply with licensing agreements.
Off-campus users will be prompted to login via the UH Web Login Service when attempting to connect to a database; this is considered remote authentication.
HonCC students, faculty, and staff must login with their UH username and password.
(A screenshot of the login page is shown below.) Once you have been authenticated, you will have access to the library's e-resources.
"Cookies" must be activated/allowed in your browser settings for authentication to work properly.
Use the most current browser version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Be advised that Internet Explorer is no longer supported. Sometimes if you are having trouble with accessing a database, using a different browser will solve the problem.
You can also try to clear out your cache data history, close & reopen the browser, or restart your computer/laptop.
Managing your UH Username & password change
I could access before, but now I can't.
The following may prevent you from gaining access to online research databases:
- You are not actively enrolled as a HonCC student, staff, or faculty member.
- Your UH ID card has expired.
- Other issue(s) with your library account.
- Recent changes/updates made to the operating system and/or software of YOUR computer or device.
- Recent changes/updates with YOUR network connection: internet service, WiFi, or mobile hotspots.
- Your computer, laptop, or device does not meet the minimum online system requirements.
Still can't connect? -- Contact Us
Please contact a librarian:
Reference: (808) 845-9199
When describing the issue, please provide as must detailed information as possible, such as:
- Your first and last name; student ID number if known
- Are you enrolled in a distance learning course? (military base, high school, etc.)
- Name of the library database
- Date and time you experienced the problem
- Describe or copy/paste any error message received
- Browser used: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Where did you start your research? Library homepage, Laulima, instructor's link, etc.
874 Dillingham Boulevard, Honolulu, HI 96817
Email: email@example.com Web: http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/library