The primary purpose of group study rooms is to provide a place for HonCC students to engage in collaborative academic work and study. Library group study rooms are available for use by HonCC/UH System students. Priority use goes to HonCC students. HonCC faculty and staff may reserve a study room to conduct college business.
The study rooms are for groups of at least two and no more than six individuals.
Rooms include use of a whiteboard and WiFi access for laptops and personal devices. One media viewing room is available and contains a wall mounted wide-screen display with a HDMI connector to plug in a laptop or other device.
There are currently five group study rooms available in the library; each room has a table, 4 to 6 chairs, whiteboard, and WiFi access for your laptop and personal devices.
Signing Up For Use
- Request a room with your UH ID card at the Circulation Services counter.
- Students may use the room for a maximum period of 2 hours.
- Room reservations can be made two weeks in advance.
- Individual use of a group study room is not allowed.
- One person may not enter the room until the rest of the group is present.
- A group may use the room for a maximum of 2 hours; an additional hour may be granted to extend the initial reservation if no other group is awaiting the room.
- Continuous reservations made by different members of the SAME group will not be permitted.
- If a reserved room has not been claimed after 10 minutes, another group may make use of it.
- Do not rearrange furniture or move furniture into or out of the room.
- Doors should remain unlocked at all times for safety.
- In addition to the policies listed herein, students must comply with the library's Rules of Conduct. Failure to comply will result in loss of privileges.
- Library staff reserve the right to cancel a reservation at any time.
- Only covered beverages and dry snacks are allowed.
- STUDY ROOMS ARE NOT SOUNDPROOF, therefore conversations should be kept low so as not to disturb patrons in other rooms/areas or neighboring staff offices.
- STUDY ROOMS CANNOT BE USED FOR social gatherings, playing games, tutoring for profit, non-academic projects, and regularly scheduled classes. Library staff may ask individuals to vacate a room if the space is being used for anything other than its intended purpose.
- Playing of music from instruments or other personal devices (smartphones, laptops, etc.) is prohibited.
Leaving a Study Room
- Please return to Circulation Services to advise library staff that your group is finished with the room.
- Push chairs in under table.
- Clean whiteboard with eraser, as needed.