Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Group Study Rooms
The primary purpose of group study rooms is to provide a place for HonCC students to engage in collaborative academic work and study. Library group study rooms are available for use by HonCC/UH System students. Priority use goes to HonCC students. HonCC faculty and staff may reserve a study room to conduct college business.
The study rooms are for groups of at least two and no more than six individuals.
Rooms include use of a whiteboard and WiFi access for laptops and personal devices. One media viewing room is available and contains a wall mounted wide-screen display with a HDMI connector to plug in a laptop or other device.
There are currently five group study rooms available in the library; each room has a table, 4 to 6 chairs, whiteboard, and WiFi access for your laptop and personal devices.
Signing Up For Use
- Request a room with your UH ID card at the Circulation Services counter.
- Students may use the room for a maximum period of 2 hours.
- Room reservations can be made two weeks in advance.
- Individual use of a group study room is not allowed.
- One person may not enter the room until the rest of the group is present.
- A group may use the room for a maximum of 2 hours; an additional hour may be granted to extend the initial reservation if no other group is awaiting the room.
- Continuous reservations made by different members of the SAME group will not be permitted.
- If a reserved room has not been claimed after 10 minutes, another group may make use of it.
- Do not rearrange furniture or move furniture into or out of the room.
- Doors should remain unlocked at all times for safety.
- In addition to the policies listed herein, students must comply with the library's Rules of Conduct. Failure to comply will result in loss of privileges.
- Library staff reserve the right to cancel a reservation at any time.
- Only covered beverages and dry snacks are allowed.
- STUDY ROOMS ARE NOT SOUNDPROOF, therefore conversations should be kept low so as not to disturb patrons in other rooms/areas or neighboring staff offices.
- STUDY ROOMS CANNOT BE USED FOR social gatherings, playing games, tutoring for profit, non-academic projects, and regularly scheduled classes. Library staff may ask individuals to vacate a room if the space is being used for anything other than its intended purpose.
- Playing of music from instruments or other personal devices (smartphones, laptops, etc.) is prohibited.
Leaving a Study Room
- Please return to Circulation Services to advise library staff that your group is finished with the room.
- Push chairs in under table.
- Clean whiteboard with eraser, as needed.