Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Group Study Rooms **Temporarily closed due to COVID-19**
The primary purpose of group study rooms is to provide a place for students to engage in collaborative academic work and study. Faculty and staff may reserve a study room to conduct college business.
Library group study rooms are available for use by HCC/UH System students. The study rooms are for groups of at least two and no more than six students.
There are currently five group study rooms available in the library; each room has a table, 4 to 6 chairs, chalkboard, and WiFi access for your laptop and personal devices.
Signing Up For Use
- Go to the Circulation Services counter with your UH ID card to request a room.
- Students may use the room for a maximum period of 2 hours.
- Room reservations can be made two weeks in advance.
- Individual use of a group study room is not allowed.
- One person may not enter the room until the rest of the group arrives.
- A group may use the room for a maximum of 2 hours; an additional hour may be granted to extend the initial reservation if no other group is awaiting the room.
- Continuous reservations made by different members of the SAME group will not be permitted.
- If a reserved room has not been claimed after 10 minutes, another group may make use of it.
- Do not move furniture into or out of the room.
- Doors should remain unlocked at all times for safety.
- In addition to the policies listed herein, students must comply with the library's Rules of Conduct [PDF]. Failure to comply will result in loss of privileges.
- Library staff reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time.
- Food & drinks: Only dry snacks and coverage beverages are allowed.
- Study rooms are not soundproof, therefore all conversations should be kept low so as not to disturb other patrons or neighboring staff offices.
- Library study rooms cannot be used for social gatherings, playing games, tutoring for profit, non-academic projects, and regularly scheduled classes. Library staff may ask group study room users to leave if the space is being used for anything other than its intended purpose.
- Playing of music from instruments or other personal devices (smartphones, laptops, etc.) is prohibited.
Leaving a Study Room
- Please return to the Circulation Counter to advise library staff that your group is finished with the room.
- Push chairs in under table.
- Wipe and clean whiteboard if used.